What are Time Boxes?
- Time Boxes are a flat rate for up to the maximum number of photos stated. There is not a discount if less photos or media are sent (example: The cost will be the same if you send 400 photos or 500 photos. So, we encourage to maximize on your Time Box).
- You do not need to count every photo, slide, and or negative sent. If you go over your Time Box maximum, we can charge you an additional fee for the extras. We do not pre-count photos and other media. Full count is not complete until after scanning process. We will notify you anytime an additional fee or service is recommended.
- Additional keepsakes can be included in your Time Box. Items such as: ultrasounds images, invitations, announcements, newspaper clippings, postcards, letters, etc. Materials should be no thicker than a Polaroid and no larger than 8.5 x 10 inches. Each of these additional items will go toward your total photo count (example: 490 photos + 10-page letter + 2 postcard = 502, you would be charged for the 2 additional items at the photo rate).
- The Mixed Media Additional Option allows you to combine: photos, slides, and negatives in one package. There is a maximum number of slides/negatives (any combination) that can be included in each Time Box. Example: For the Moments Time Box-Mix Media, you can have up to 100 slides and or negatives (any combination) and 400 photos, equaling 500 items. Additional items will be charged at the Additional Media rate, per image . Full count is not complete until after scanning process. We will notify you anytime an additional fee or service is recommended.
- Once the order has been processed and a prepaid Time Box Photos has been sent out to you, we cannot refund your purchase.
- Your photos must be sent to Time Box Photos within 4 months of your order date. After 4-months the fulfillment will be considered complete, non refundable, and the return shipping label is void.
- Within the 4-months a replacement box/shipping label can be sent for an additional fee. Please contact us to initiate that process.
- Photos that do not meet the Time Box Photos requirements will not be scanned and returned to you unscanned. Examples: copyright materials, sticky surfaces, photos that do not bend, photos that do not meet the minimum size requirements, photos that exceed the max size requirements, etc.
How long does it take?
- Time Boxes are generally sent within 1-3 business days from time of order
- On average it takes 2-3 weeks for your photos to be scanned and your Time Box to be returned
What is included with each Time Box?
Each Time Box includes a maximum number of scanned photos based on the Time Box you select and basic color correction. Standard Shipping is based on your selected Time Box. One USB drive.
What additional options are offered with a Time Box
Time Boxes can include photo rotation, scanning in a specified order, mixed media, 600 dpi and expedited delivery. See Additional Options for more information.
What size photos can Time Box scan and how should I prepare my photos?
- Photo size from 3X3 to 8.5x10, including Polaroids
- For best results photos should be square or rectangular. If your photo is not rectangular or square there will be a black background in the remaining space, this includes rounded-edges and hand-cut photos.
- Photos must be able to bend and should not be thicker than a Polaroid.
- Photos must be removed from albums and should not be glued or taped to other surfaces.
- For faster processing, face photos the same direction.
- Photos can be organized in separate file folders, for an additional cost, see Organizing Your Photos.
Where does scanning occur?
All scanning is done in the United States. Your original photos are always safe and secure while in our possession.
What is the max number of file folders that can be requested for each Time Box?
- Moments Time Box (up to 500 photos): Max of 10 file folders
- Seasons Time Box (up to 1,000 photos): Max of 20 file folders
- Generations Time Box (up to 2,000 photos): Max of 40 file folders
- Lifetime Time Box (up to 5,000 photos): Max of 100 file folders
What if I just want slides and or negatives scanned?